Amsted Rail is the world’s leading manufacturer of undercarriage and end of car rail components for heavy haul freight rail cars and locomotives. Our company focus for more than a century has been on providing the most innovative products and integrated systems to meet the needs of the global heavy haul, freight rail industry.
We have an immediate opening for a Controls Engineer at our Hammond, IN facility.
Onsite support of Operations with automated control systems such as Allen Bradly PLCs, Panelviews, Vacon AC Drives, ABB Robotics, and Wonderware MES. Support will include electrical and mechanical troubleshooting of existing systems. This role will also be responsible for machine design improvements, software development, and electrical circuit design. This opportunity will include fieldwork as well as office setting design work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Allen Bradley PLC systems such as SLC-5/05, ControlLogix, CompactLogix, and MicroLogix processors.
- ABB Robotic systems with custom End of Arm Tooling.
- Vacon AC Drives, and forward / reversing two speed starters.
- Various HMI systems such as Allen Bradley Panelviews and Wonderware MES.
- Knowledge of various communication protocols such as Ethernet I/P, Remote IO, and Modbus TCP/IP.
- Provide continuous improvement of processes, procedures, and equipment.
- Assures maximum reliability of equipment, processes and procedures.
- Provides engineering support to operations in troubleshooting, rebuilding and repair of electrical equipment and automated systems.
- Able to work any shift to accommodate operations support
- Follow company design standards while integrating automation including PLC, Robotics, HMI and data collection systems
- Creates and maintains documentation of processes and operating procedures.
- Maintains a high level of personal and professional knowledge of related technologies and manufacturing systems.
- Performs other assigned duties as determined by the Engineering Manager.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronic Engineering with ABET accreditation.
- 3 – 5 years of industrial automation experience
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs
- Experience with reading and creating electrical schematics
- Successful project designs and implementations
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as a retirement package that includes 5% match on 401k contributions and ESOP employee stock ownership program (100% employee owned).
In addition, we have unique benefits such as:
- Wellness activities
- Fitness center reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vehicle and Cell Phone discount programs
Amsted Rail is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: