Responsible for engineering operations and directs vendors and subcontractors. Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds. Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
AS Scope: Typically supports properties of 1.2 million to 2.0 million sq. ft..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Leads operations, assigns work orders, and/or provides technical and procedural training of coworkers and subcontractors. Arranges for subcontractors as needed.
- Consults with clients to schedule preventive maintenance and other downtime to minimize business interruption and inconvenience.
- Formulates and implements a preventive maintenance program to ensure that building machinery and systems meet or exceed their rated life.
- Monitors building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by engineering staff. Determines that work is complete, equipment is fully functional and client space is in prime working condition.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. Coordinates and assigns tasks to co-workers within a work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and a minimum of seven years related experience and/or trade school training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Universal CFC certification required. Additional certification in three or more of the following: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry or engine repair. Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Physical requirements to include stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. Must have the ability to operate an EMS and CMMS system. Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to:1. Complete all required and assigned HSE training at a satisfactory level, 2. Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE-related requirements at all times, 3. Participate in all HSE-related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.4. Report any conditions which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: